6.49kW from a 5.6kWp array

I just noticed that my array was producing over 6kW. Looked outside to see the back garden list up as if there were arc lights on it. A weird glow. The sky is cloudy so that, when the sun does peek out from the clouds, it lights them up with spectacular effect!

So now I have a better feel for what kWp actually means. I was seeing (briefly) 6.49kW from my 5.6kWp array (14 x 400Wp).

There is an interesting article about this effect in PV Magazine.


Update

Since I wrote this I glimpsed 6.92 kW, albeit briefly. Anyway, it looks like, it the UK midlands 120% of the kWp value is entirely possible. It will be interesting to see what summer brings. We won't benefit from the cloud reflection as much but, in terms of power generation, of course it is the SUSTAINED power that really matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automation tasks underway

No, YAML ain't, but what is it?

A new strategy, a new approach to automation