Setting up a browser for monitoring solarPV

In case it has not occurred to you to do this... many browsers can be set up to start with more than one page opened. I set my copy of Chrome set up to start with the following pages open in separate tabs:

  • The mysmartenergy.uk graph of Agile prices for today.
  • The SolarAssistant page for my system.
  • The BBC Weather forecast for my area.
  • My home page (which contains a collection of useful shortcuts).

This setup very much delays the opening of Chrome, but it does mean that I have pertinent information at my fingertips. And, since Chrome can be set up to sync settings across devices, I have the same information avasilable on my phone and tablet.

There are even Chrome extensions which allow pre-configured displays of multiple tiled tabs to be set up (see example below).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automation tasks underway

No, YAML ain't, but what is it?

A new strategy, a new approach to automation